Make a Planned Gift
Your legacy gift can help us continue to improve the lives of people with HIV and AIDS, while we plan for the future needs of the food bank and our clients.
- Become a member of Food For Thought’s Legacy Society. This special group of donors have let us know that they’re planning a bequest, annuity, or trust to benefit Food For Thought. If you’ve planned a special gift to Food For Thought, please tell us about your gift. It’s important that we know.
- A bequest, or gift in your will or trust may be the best way for you to help build Food For Thought’s resources, because you won’t be giving up funds you need now for living expenses. A bequest will perpetuate your annual support of FFT’s mission and help ensure the organization’s stability in the future.
Note: Often we don’t know about estate gifts until it’s too late to thank the giver. If you have included Food For Thought in your estate plan, please let us know so we can thank you privately or publicly, as you prefer.
- Retired? Consider a charitable gift annuity. It’s a way to make a gift without sacrificing income. A fixed income that doesn’t fluctuate with the stock market may help meet your need for a secure retirement.
- Planning for retirement within the next 10 to 15 years? Establish a charitable gift annuity now and defer your guaranteed payments until later years to supplement your retirement income.
- Experts frequently recommend charitable trusts in estate and financial planning for their income tax benefits and their flexibility in planning for retirement income.
- Gifts of securities and real estate offer income-tax benefits that can help you in your financial and tax planning.
To learn more about planned giving and potential tax benefits, contact your attorney or tax advisor. To inform us of your planned gift, please call us at (707) 887-1647.