Food For Thought Food Drives
Food drives are a valuable and venerable tradition at Food For Thought. They’ve always served an integral role in stocking the shelves of our food bank. Food and cash donations from food drives are currently accounting for nearly half of FFT’s food budget. Volunteers stand at the doors of a grocery store and greet customers as they enter, telling them about Food For Thought and specific items we most need that week.
Volunteering at a food drive is a fun and easy way to be of service to Food For Thought. We hold food drives two Saturdays each month at markets around the Sonoma County. Volunteers are always needed to staff food drives. We welcome any interest from individuals or groups and will gladly attend a meeting of your club or organization to discuss food drive volunteerism and provide training.
Here are few great reasons to become a Food Drive Ambassador:
- Short Shifts — ONLY 2.5 Hours!
- The Buddy System — bring a friend or family member! Food Drives are fun and social.
- Flexibility — you can volunteer as your schedule permits. No obligation or commitment.
- Location — we hold food drives near you! From Guerneville to Sonoma, Northern Santa Rosa to Petaluma, we are just around the corner from you.
- Teenager Friendly — we love teenagers! We do work with some local Interact Clubs and are always glad for group or individual volunteers. We enjoy WRITING RECOMMENDATIONS for steady volunteers.
Please see our calendar for dates and locations of food drive.
Our Food Drive Coordinator, Amanda Wood, eagerly awaits your inquiries. She can be reached by telephone (707) 292-9252 and by email email@example.com.